GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It is a set of rules designed to give people more control over their personal data. It aims to simplify the regulatory environment for business so both citizens and businesses can fully benefit from the digital economy.
Data Protection Principles
Ducalis.io processes your data according to seven protection and accountability principles outlined in Article 5.1-2:
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency — Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent to the data subject.
- Purpose limitation — Ducalis.io must process data for the legitimate purposes specified explicitly to the data subject when Ducalis.io collects it.
- Data minimization — Ducalis.io collects and processes only as much data as absolutely necessary for the purposes specified.
- Accuracy — Ducalis.io keeps personal data accurate and up to date.
- Storage limitation — Ducalis.io only stores personally identifying data for as long as necessary for the specified purpose.
- Integrity and confidentiality — Processing is done in such a way as to ensure appropriate security, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Accountability — Ducalis.io is responsible for being able to demonstrate GDPR compliance with all of these principles.
Data Protection Rights
Ducalis.io would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Ducalis.io for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Ducalis.io corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Ducalis.io to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Ducalis.io erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Ducalis.io restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Ducalis.io processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Ducalis.io transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Reasons for erasure request
Given the sensitive nature of erasing personal data, GDPR Article 17(1) requires certain conditions to be met before a request may be considered.
Please supply us with the reason you wish your data to be erased:
- You feel your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it.
- You no longer consent to our processing of your personal data.
- You object to our processing of your personal data as is your right under Article 21 of the GDPR.
- You feel your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- You feel we are subject to a legal obligation of the EU or Member State that requires the erasure of your personal data.
- You are a child, you represent a child, or you were a child at the time of the data processing and you feel your personal data was used to offer you information society services.