Available for plans: Business.
Available for roles: Admin, Owner.
The integration of Ducalis and Trello allows you to sync the issue ranking back to Trello. Also, for a more organized workspace and easy location of top priority tasks, Trello cards can be automatically sorted by their priority ranking that is in the Ducalis custom field. You can enable this automation using the Butler power-up.
Activating Syncing of Priority Rankings in Ducalis.
Firstly, the 2-way issue ranking sync between Ducalis and Trello should be switched on. You can follow the steps below to switch it on:
- Click Trello on the top panel.
- Find the ‘Issue Ranking Sync’ section and switch on the toggle to activate syncing.
- Choose the day and time you want to sync the issues’ priority rankings to Trello. It can, for example, be a day or a few days before your sprint planning meeting. You can change the timezone, if it’s not set to the one you want.
- If you want to sync the priority rankings immediately, you can just click on ‘Sync Scores Now’.
- Custom fields will be automatically created for all the cards in the Trello board you chose when creating Ducalis filters of which issues to import from Trello for prioritization.
- The emoji, used in the custom fields names, is a Ducalis Board ID. You can change it. If you do so, please turn the sync off and on again to apply the change.
How to Set Up the Automation.
- Go to your Trello account, choose the board you want to set the automation in.
- In that board, click on ‘Automation‘.
- From the dropdown, select ‘Rules‘.
- On the left-side menu, click on ‘Calendar‘. Then, under calendar, click on ‘Create Command‘ to create a scheduled command.
- Add a trigger for your command, that is the date you would want the cards to be sorted out. You can set any schedule that you want, for example:
- Every day.
- In sync with the dates of your weekly meetings that you set up in Ducalis.
- The next step would be to select an action, in our case we will select ‘Sort‘ as the action and set up the parameters:
- Name of the list whose cards you want sorted. You can select it from the dropdown.
- Select the Ducalis custom field that has the priority rankings.
- Then select ‘ascending‘ as the order by which you want the cards to be sorted.
- Click the + to add the action.
- When you have set up everything, you can go ahead and click ‘Save‘.
- Test your automation, to see if it’s working correctly.
- Your cards under this list will be sorted by order of priority ranking.
Adding the Same Automation to Other Lists in the Same Board.
- You can add this automation to every list in this board:
- Copy the automation.
- Under ‘Actions‘, click on the name of the list and choose another list you want to add the automation to.
- Then click the ‘Save‘.
If you have any questions, please contact us in the chat bottom right corner.