Available for plans: Free, Team, Business.
Available for roles: Admin, Owner.
A prioritization criterion is a principle by which board users evaluate an issue’s priority.
In the Criteria Settings, under All, you will find all the criteria in the board. Under Shared, you will find all the criteria available to everyone added to the board. If you created teams (e.g., Product managers and Marketers) in the board, you will find the under each team the criteria you assigned them.
Creating a Criterion
- Inside a board, hove over to the left-side menu and click on Criteria to access the Criteria Settings.
- To start creating a criterion, just click on Add Criterion.
- Type the criterion name.
- Choose or create the team you want to assign this criterion to. This will help to improve the prioritization results as a team will evaluate the criterion using their expert opinion.
- Set if it’s a Value or an Effort criterion.
This is important for the Matrix quadrants and for the formulas ‘Value Product divided by Effort‘ and ‘Value Sum divided by Effort‘.
- Set the Weight according to how significant this criterion is relative to other criteria.
- Set the Scores. You can set Range, Sequence, Percent, or Positive scale.
Find more about scores.
- Add the Criterion Description to help your teammates understand the criterion better when they will be evaluating.
- Click Add.
Editing or Deleting a Criterion
- Hover your mouse over the criterion you want to edit/delete and click the edit or delete icon.
- To Edit: change the settings and click Save.
- To Delete: click Ok after clicking the delete icon.
Changing the Team a Criterion Is Assigned To
When editing a criterion, you can change the team that is assigned to exclusively evaluate it.
- Click on the edit icon.
- From the teams drop down list, choose the team you want to assign the criteria.
- Or create a new team to assign this criterion.
If you have any questions, please contact us in the chat bottom right corner.