Personal access tokens (PATs) are a secure way to use scripts and integrate external applications with your Atlassian application.
Personal access tokens are a safe alternative to using username and password for authentication with various services.
NOTE: You need to be on the Enterprise plan to use this integration method. For Enterprise plan inquiries, please contact us.
To create the tokens, you may follow these steps:
- In your Jira account select your profile picture at the top right of the screen, then choose Profile. Once you access your profile, select Personal Access Tokens in the left-hand menu.
- Select Create token.
- Give your new token a name.
- Optionally, for security reasons, you can set your token to automatically expire after a set number of days. The EXPIRES SOON status appears 5 days before the actual expiration date. Once the token expires, you can’t reactivate it. You must create a new token.
- Click Create.
Your personal access token is created. Copy the token and store it in a safe space.
Connecting Jira Server with PAT
To use a personal access token for authentication:
1.In the board, hover over to the left bottom corner and click Connect to access the Backlog management settings.
2. Under Backlog Management settings go to and click Connect Issue Tracker.
3. Under Source, choose Jira Server.
4. On the next screen you need to enter The Base URL and Token. Read below how to do it.
5. Copy the Base URL of your Jira account that you will paste into the Base URL filed in Ducalis.
6. Next paste the PAT you’ve created and click Connect.