You have the ability to set boards as public or private. We also believe that this feature helps to add privacy to certain parts of the organization that are not supposed to be seen by other users.
- These boards are seen on the dashboard and can be accessed by all users in the organization.
- Members who are not part of a public board are only able to see Top Priorities and Matrix when they access it, they will not be able to evaluate tasks, or set up the board.
- When Admin accesses a public board they are not part of, they are able to see everything in that board.
- They are displayed with a lock icon.
- Only members who were added to these boards can see them on the dashboard and get in.
- Admins can see these boards on the dashboard, but cannot enter them.
- Members who are not part of these boards cannot see them on the dashboard.
How to Access the Settings to Set Board Private.
By default, all newly created boards are set as public and can be visible to all users in the organization. So to set a board as private:
- To access the settings, click on the lock icon.
- Click on the toggle button to switch the board to private.
- Click OK to confirm and complete the process.
Board sharing settings
You can share the link that goes to a private or public board.
- If users are a part of that board and get this link, they will be able to access it and evaluate issues.
- If users that are not part of the board get the link, they will only be able to see the Top Priority and Matrix pages.
- When users that are not part of the organization at all get the link, they will be able to see Top Priority and Matrix pages.
To get the link to a board:
- Click on Share.
- Switch on the toggle.
- Then click Copy to copy the link.