Once you create a voting board, the next step is to add public ideas. Public ideas can come from your internal backlog, or requests left by your customers.
In this article we will show you:
- How to add public ideas from your internal backlog.
- How your customers can add ideas/ request on your voting board.
Creating Public Ideas from the Issues in your Internal Backlog
You can create public versions of the issues that you already have in your internal backlog. To do this:
- Select the issue you want to make a public version of. Click details or use the keyboard shortcut ] to open the issue card.
- Click on Create Public Idea to start creating the public version of the issue.
- Fill in the details of the idea. You use the default template as a guide, or you can create your own template. Read more about Public ideas templates.
- To help categorize your public ideas, and make discoverability easy, you can add labels to the public ideas.
- After you are done filling in the details, click Publish. The idea will be made public. Anyone who visits and has access to the voting board will be able to see it.
Creating Public Ideas on Voting screen
Under Voting, you also the ability quickly create a whole new public idea.
- You can create completely new ideas, or create ideas/ request that you receive from customers in a meeting or via email. Just click New idea, and fill in the details.
- Not only can create the idea on behalf of the customer, but you also have the ability to vote on behalf of that customer.
- There is also an option to add those ideas to your internal backlog for you to start working on them. Read more about it here.
How your customers can add ideas/ request on your voting board
Users who visit your Voting board can also add their ideas/ request.
- Click New idea.
- Enter the name of the idea. To prevent Idea duplicates, similar ideas which are already on the voting board will be suggested as the user will be entering the name of the idea they are creating.
- Before publishing the idea they are creating, they can quickly vote for the idea, then publish it.
To help your customers quickly and easily create ideas on your voting boards, learn how to create a public idea creation template to guide your customers when creating public ideas.