Since public ideas are linked to internal issues (in Ducalis, or task tracker), the progress statuses of these two parallel workflows should go in sync. Setting up status auto-updates helps automatically update an idea’s status each time an issue’s progress status is changed.
Step to Follow to Set Up Status Auto-Updates
- To switch this feature on, head over to the Voting board settings.
- Under the settings, scroll down to Status Auto-Update Rules.
- To start creating a new rule, click +New Rule.
- Select the platform with the internal issues (Ducalis or your task tracker).
- Choose the internal issues’ status.
- Choose the public ideas’ status you want them updated to.
For example, when the status of a ClickUP issue changes to In Progress, the status of the linked Ducalis public idea is automatically updated to In Progress.
- Click Save Rule to create the rule.
Follow the same steps to create more rules. You can create rules for all your statuses.
Learn about the Changelog page and how you can use it to keep your customers updated about your new releases.