A token is an electronic key used instead of a password. YouTrack permanent tokens give you security and have the following benefits:
- Secure authorization without implementing complex OAuth 2.0 flows.
- Simple management: If you suspect that your connection has been compromised, you can revoke the token at any moment and generate a new one.
- Granular access to operations: A permanent token lets you perform operations it has permissions to only.
Creating a Permanent Token for YouTrack <> Ducalis Integration
- In your YouTrack account.
- Click your avatar, then Profile.
- Go to the Account security tab.
- Find and click New token.
- Name the token. Choose a clear recognizable name, e.g., Ducalis.io.
- Add YouTrack and YouTrack Administration in the Scope field. Delete any other services.
- Click Create.
- Click Copy token. Don’t forget to save it somewhere secure—you won’t be able to get it again once the dialog window is closed. Never share or distribute the token.
- Also, in YouTrack, copy your base URL from the browser tab. The base URL starts with https:// and ends with youtrack/.
Pasting Base URL and Token in Ducalis
- Now, go back to Ducalis and paste the Base URL to your YouTrack.
- Also, paste the Permanent Token.
- Click Connect.
- Match fields from the YouTrack with fields you will have in the Ducalis boards.
- You can always change the fields by clicking the cogwheel next to the YouTrack integration.
- YouTrack integration with Ducalis is ready. You can proceed to import issues from YouTrack.