When activating back sync with task trackers like Jira or ClickUp, instead of creating new fields in the task tracker that will receive the data you are syncing from Ducalis, you can use existing fields in your task tracker.
To use these fields, you have to edit them, give them the name of the Ducallis field you are getting data from. This will help with easy identification of the fields.
Editing the Name of an Existing Field in Jira
Identify the field that you want to receive data from Ducalis. You need to go to the custom fields settings.
Accessing Custom Field Settings
- Click on the settings cogwheel.
- Then from the dropdown menu, click Issues.
- Select Custom Fields from the side menu.
- Under custom fields, find the custom field you want to edit.
- Click on the ellipses found on the far right. Then from the dropdown menu, select Edit details.
- Head over to Ducalis and copy the name of the field with data that you want to sync back to your task tracker.
- Paste the name in the name text field in the tracker. Fill in the other details then click Update.
- Updated field.
Editing the name of an existing field in ClickUp
You need to access the list of fields in your ClickUp Workspace/Individual space.
Click Show or Add column.
If you click Show, from the dropdown menu, select Columns. Then Show/Hide.
If you click Add column, go straight to Show/Hide.
From the list of fields, find the field you want to edit, then click the edit icon.
Head over to Ducalis and copy the name of the field with data that you want to sync back to your task tracker.
Come and paste it into the text field in ClickUp. Then click Save.
When you are done preparing your fields, Click Refresh.
A toggle will appear, switch it on to activate sync.
Choosing Date And Time To Sync Back
Choose the day and time you want to sync the issues’ priority rankings to Trello. It can, for example, be a day or a few days before your sprint planning meeting. You can change the timezone, if it’s not set to the one you want.