Available plans: Team, Business.
Roles: Owners, Admins.
In this help article, you will find information on how to collaborate with your teammates in prioritizing your backlog and creating team alignment.
Accessing Board Users and Teams Settings.
You can access the Board Users and Teams Settings:
- By clicking on the avatars found in the top-right corner of the board.
- From the Criteria settings window.
A board user is a person who is in a board, has a team, and can evaluate issues in that board for prioritization.
Where can you add users from?
- From your Ducalis organization i.e., users you added when you created your Ducalis account.
- From the task tracker that you integrated with Ducalis (e.g, Jira, Asana).
- You can invite new users via email.
Adding Users to a Board.
- Inside the Board Users and Team Settings window, find the team you want to add a user to from the ones you created.
- Click on the + button located on the far-right side of the team’s name.
- From the dropdown list, select the user you want to add. You can add members in your organization (under Ducalis.io Users) or users from your connected trackers (under Tracker Users).
- If you have a big list of users, you can simply type the name or the email address of the user you want in the search field.
- To invite new users via email:
- On the same search field, type the email address of the new user you want to invite.
- Before sending the invitation link, choose an access level you want them to have. It can either limit them to just evaluating issues (Member), or it can give them the power to do more in the board (Admin) e.g., editing the board, managing users e.t.c.
- Click Invite to send the invitation link.
A team is a group of board users of the same expertise (e.g., developers or product managers) that is set to exclusively evaluate certain criteria. This helps to improve the accuracy of the prioritization results.
For example, you can create a team for your developers, then add Time and Complexity as team-specific criteria. Thus, only users added to the Developers team will evaluate the criteria you assigned this team.
How to Create a Team.
- Inside the Board Users and Team Settings window, hover to the bottom of the page and click on Add team.
- Type the name of the team in the text field and hit enter.
How to Assign a User to a Team.
- Find the team you want to assign a user to.
- Click on the + button located on the far right of the team’s name.
- Select the user you want to add from the dropdown list.
- You can invite a new user to your organization via email.